Miss Butterfly, www.missbutterfly.co.uk

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Cattrall admits demanding more pay





Sex and the City star Kim Cattrall has spoken out about the fact that she asked for more money than she was initially offered to take part in the movie version of the hit show.

There was much media speculation surrounding the actress, who plays feisty Samantha in the show, when it was reported that she complained about the difference in wage between herself and her co-star Sarah Jessica Parker.

However Cattrall has now defended her move, explaining that she never demanded to be paid the same salary as Parker, who plays the main role and also narrates and produces the show.

Cattrall told The Advocate magazine: "I never expected to be paid what Sarah was being paid. But I felt that the offer was not worthy of what the three of us had contributed. And I spoke up about it. I don't ever want to be on a set where I feel undervalued."

And in Samantha-like style, Cattrall added that she is financially independent and must therefore fight for her rights.

She said: "I'm a woman in my 50s. I'm not living with some multimillionaire. I'm it. Negotiation is about getting more money."
ADNFCR-1447-ID-18570880-ADNFCR



No comments:

THE COMMENTS MADE HERE DO NOT REPRESENT/ SPEAK ON BEHALF OF/ OPINION OF MISSBUTTERFLY LTD

IF YOU POST A COMMENT YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SITE